Date of Admission: 2016
Tel: +61 2 8023 9009
Fax: +61 2 9231 3320
Areas of Practice
Land & Environment Law
Trade Practices & Competition
Since being called to the bar in 2016, Parisa has been briefed in a vast area of law and has significant experience in Defamation Law and Criminal Law.
Parisa has appeared in a range of Courts and Tribunals, including the Federal Court, the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal, NSW Supreme Court, AAT and the NSW District and Local Courts.
She is an active member of the legal profession and is a member of the Young Lawyers Civil Litigation, Communications, Entertainment and Technology Law, Criminal Law and Family Law Committees. Parisa is also on the External Junior Counsel Panel and has appeared as Junior Counsel for the CDPP on complex Commonwealth Prosecution matters.
Parisa has written articles on legal topics which have been published in the BarNews Journal and the Australian Bar Review, and often appears on Benchmark’s BenchTV to discuss important legal issues and recent cases.
Member, New South Wales Bar Association
Committee Member, NSW Young Lawyers, Communications, Entertainment and Technology Law
Committee Member, NSW Young Lawyers, Civil Litigation
Committee Member, NSW Young Lawyers, Criminal Law
External Junior Counsel Panel Member, Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- Defence of Qualified Privilege
- Defamation Damages under the New Legislation (2020)
- Defamation Reforms – Stage 1
- Amendments to damages provisions under the Defamation Act 2005 (NSW)
- Balzola v Passas & Anor  NSWSC 194
- Bowden v KSMC Holdings Pty Ltd as Hubba Bubba Childcare on Haig & Chapman  NSWDC 98
- Bruder Expedition Pty Ltd v Leigh  QDC 116
- Hive Wellness Australia Pty Ltd (formerly Capilano Honey Ltd) & Ben McKee v Mulvany
- Jay v Petrikas  NSWDC 707
- John Nigel Walden v Attilio Danieletto
- Moore v Scenic Tours Pty Ltd  HCA 17
- Murray v Raynor  NSWCA 274
- Petro Poroshenko v British Broadcasting Corporation
- Stokes v Ragless  SASCFC 31
- TCN Channel Nine Pty Ltd v Pahuja  NSWCA 166
- Report on Victoria International Container Terminal Limited v Lunt
- Does the s 26 contextual truth defence have any practical utility in light of the authorities?  47 Aust Bar Rev 284